Downtown is the oldest part of the city, which also is home of some of the finest treasures that our country has. This area is full of streets that invite us to walk through the past and remember Mexico City´s time of splendour, a time when horse-drawn carriages carried viceroys and high officials inside.
In this area we can find beautiful buildings and historical sites, such as the Cathedral and National Palace that is the government´s headquarters. Both of these buildings stand in front of the Zocalo, known as the Constitution Square, the second largest in the world (After the Red square in Moscow)
After visiting many of the historical sites that this area offers, we can take a walk in Madero Street, which is known due to its stores, churches and of course its vivid environment. At the end of the street we can finish this ride in the marvellous Palacio de Bellas Artes that represents the most important cultural centre in Mexico.
Places to visit
- The Metropolitan Cathedral
- National Palace (Gouvernment´s headquarters)
- Templo Mayor (Aztec Archeological Site)
- Madero Street
- Regina Street
- Garibaldi Square and Tequila Museum
- National Art Gallery
- Post Office Building
- Palacio of Bellas Artes
Option 1 Public Transportation
Experience a complete local tour, using Mexico City subway and buses.
Option 2 Private Transportation
A confortable way to see the city in private cars or vans, depending on the party of people attending the tour.
What is included
- Transportation (Depending on selected option)
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel
- Visit to places mentioned above
- English or Spanish speaking guide
- Refreshement (Quick meal)
- Unlimited bottled water
- Entrance to one of the following museums, Templo Mayor, National Art Gallery or Tequila Museum with tequila sample
What is not included
- Personal purchases
Tour is expected to last 6 hours
Pick up time 8 am